Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones TFTP error and registration issue

danijel_knezic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have problem with my Cisco IP phone 7861 which cant registrant with SIP server and my WiFi 8821 phones which are connected to correct WiFi network but both have common error reported TFTP. 

I am running Cisco ISR 4331 are voice router and SIP server and I am not sure what is missing in my configuration which could cause this kind of error. 

Attached is my ISR 4331 configuration and photos of the my DHCP server config for voice vlan and phones reported errors. 

DHCP.PNGIP Phone.jpgWiFi Phone.jpg

33 Replies 33

No problem. You should do this to enable the webUI on the phones.

telephony-service
 service phone webAccess 0
 create cnf-files

See this document for the full administration guide for CME. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm.html

Response Signature

Your TFTP address is 10.13.2.254. and your source-address 10.13.2.254 

But I don't see  interface configured on router for this IP 10.13.2.254. 

Response Signature

my interface g0/0/0 has config 

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
ip address dhcp
ip nat inside
ip nbar protocol-discovery
negotiation auto
vlan-id dot1q 2

And it is configured to get as DHCP  but i config static IP in DHCP. Should I config static IP on the interface?

If you have a reservation in DHCP so that the router always get the same IP that would work equally good as if you had a static IP set on the interface in IOS configuration.

Response Signature

Yes DHCP IP reservation is in place for this device.

You have configured network-locale GB. can you make sure the files are extracted properly to right folder on router. Because in  the picture which you shared shows "error uploading Network Locale"

Refer your CME version Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmelocal.html#sip

Response Signature

Hi,

I am sorry to say but quite not sure what you want to say when you talking about network-local GB

So it might be problem because my WLC is network-location is Qatar so I should change this to GB

There are two types of locales available

User Locales - which control the language of the actual display, help menus and other menu's

Network Locales - These control the tones you hear when making and receiving calls

if not required remove network-locale GB. and recreate CNF/Profiles again and try to register.

if you need to use Locale you need to upload the file to router flash downloaded from Cisco portal.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

I don't suppose you have tried the following after adding the phone?

voice register global

no create-profile

create-profile

Hi Guys ,

I have managed to activate ssh and web access to my phones but still registration is not passing even thought I have removed network-locale GB and try to 

voice register global

no create-profile

create-profile

I have extracted debug session form the my IP Phone. You can find it attached. Not sure where I am doing mistake so hope someone while shade some light.

Did your firewall gave option to add 150 . if not create the DHCP pool on your CME router with option 150.

ip dhcp pool Voice
network 10.60.51.0 255.255.255.0
default-router 10.60.51.1
option 150 ip 10.60.51.10 10.60.51.11

Use the latest Firmware for phones.

Below link explains how to do it.

http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-voice/930-cisco-phone-upgrade.html

Response Signature

Unfortunately Kerio has only legacy option DHCP 66 so cant change this option in firewall.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: