cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones will dial 7 digits but not 10????

khayes1984
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm really confused on why I can't dial 10 digits, but I can dial 7 digits without a issue. I'm running CUCM 7 not express, also I tried to check the back of my FXO to see if I had a link light, and I do not, but I'm connected to the analog line and trying to setup H.323 so I can have caller -ID working is there something wrong with my FXO????

I heard if I upgraded my IOS to 12.4 (15) T I could run MGCP and have caller - ID on my FXO interface.

Help!!

7 Replies 7

vivkalra
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding the issue not able to dial 10 digits but able to dial 7 digits point to some call routing problem

Verify if you are hitting the correct route pattern when dialing the 10 digits.

Check the route plan report or do the call analysis using the DNA (digit abalyser tool) in the serviceablity

to verify that call manager is routing the 10 digit number

If yes then , then take the debug "debug ccapi inout" from the gateway to verify who is disconnecing the

call and also the cause code.

HTH

Vivek

Well I changed some things in the route pattern and it started dialing 10-digits now.  The problem I’m experiencing is this. I try and make a call and get a fast busy signal. I checked the back of my router and my FXO card does not have a link light like it once had when I ran CME. I thought I configured everything correctly, but I guess I did not.  Below is what's in my config on the gateway. Keep in mind I am running H.323 because I want Caller-ID to work incoming from the PSTN.

voice-port 1/1/0
ring number 4
timeouts call-disconnect 3
timeouts ringing 5
connection plar opx 100
description 2621XM
!
voice-port 1/1/1
!
ccm-manager music-on-hold
!
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 100 voip
destination-pattern 10.
session target ipv4:10.0.1.16
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay h245-signal
ip qos dscp cs5 media
!
dial-peer voice 200 pots
destination-pattern 200
port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 201 pots
destination-pattern 201
port 1/1/1
!
dial-peer voice 9 pots
description 10 digit dialing
destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......
port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 10 pots
description Long Distance
destination-pattern 10[2-9]..[2-9]......
port 1/1/0
!

Do you think that could be some of my problems I'm experiencing? I'm still trying to figure out how to configure h.323 and my 2621xm using CUCM 7.

Hello,

H323 dial-peers by default strip explicitly matched digits. I dont see any forward-digits statements under your dialpeers. Example:

dial-peer voice 9 pots
description 10 digit dialing
destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......
port 1/1/0
forward-digits 10

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hmm...So this is my problem? No forward digits?

Could be. You may also want to check the route pattern/route pattern/route list configuration on cucm, as the digits may be stripped there as well. you can also debug the dialpeers as well to see what is happening in the gateway as you make the call. This should show you which digits are being sent to the PSTN.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Check your route patterns, and see if any digit stripping is being peformed there. If not, check your route list detail and see if the digit stripping is being performed there.  Lastly, if you issue a debug voip dialpeer on the gateway, you will be able to see if the call even reaches the gateway and matches a dialpeer. Please advise as to your findings.