Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP upgrade instead of cucm fallback when primary cucm down

hi all,

i have problem,

i have 3 subscribers, subs A, subs B, subs C.

when one of the subs down, the ip phone chose upgrading firmware not switch to another subs.

can anyone help me about this case?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Alpert,
Do you have Cisco Unified CM group configured correctly with three of these subscribers?

A Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group specifies a prioritized list of up to three Cisco Unified Communications Managers. The first Cisco Unified Communications Manager in the list serves as the primary Cisco Unified Communications Manager for that group, and the other members of the group serve as secondary and tertiary (backup) Cisco Unified Communications Managers.

Thanks,
Vaijanath Sonvane
Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Create a TEST CM Group and TEST Device pool. Change the order of Call Manager Servers in the CM Group and try to get the phone registered to different servers one by one and check if firmware upgrades or not. Also make sure you have uploaded the firmware for these phones on all the TFTP servers. Once upgraded then you should not face any issue during the fall back.
Another thing you can check, if all the CM servers are located on the same location or not. If they are located over the WAN, you can use TFTPD32 client for the firmware upgrade locally. Test this and keep us posted.
HTH
Regards
Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

hi abay,

thanks for the reply,

i have test all, still not work.

when connection down the phone still choose upgrading instead of another subs.

for your info,

last change i made,

i upgrade firmware for cp6921, 

not for cp7945.

the trouble this for 7945.

thanks

Can you try to upgrade the firmware for the effected phone by applying Phone Load name on the phone page on CUCM [so that rest of the phones do not get upgraded and only 1 phone does]. Also make sure to upload the firmware on all the TFTP nodes.
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi,

from the working IP phone through IE, check the firmware which is working .Let us say it is "SCCP7942.9-4-1SR2"

You can run the command file list tftp *SCCP7942* in all servers in a cluster to check the availability of firmware.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: