Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone with Jabber and CUCM Problem

awabalhassan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have this problem with Apple iPhone in my company, when the mobile screen is turned on or jabber is open the status of it in CUCM appears as ( Registered to x.x.x.x ) but when closing Jabber or turned off the mobile screen the status changes to                 ( unregistered ) and i can't received calls from co-workers. the problem is exclusive to iPhone because all other OS are working properly.

so what could be the problem????

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Enable Apple Push Notification Service.

I tried but i didn't figure out how so, How to enable it ???????

Follow the Guide @b.winter shared for enabling push notification. Once enabled, your issue will be solved. 

Response Signature

I tried but I didn't figure out how so, How to enable it ???????

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also be aware of Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upgrade Recomm... 

Once you have push notifications working you should also enable CUCM/CUC/Expressway OAuth and CUCM SIP OAuth Auth Mode.

PS- I suggest you start planning a migration from Jabber to the Webex app; that’s where Cisco’s R&D focus is these days. Jabber cannot be EoL since it’s required in air gapped environments, so you won’t be able to use that as the compelling event.