cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIPGW without CCM

smvasagam
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to test IPIPGW to transcode SIP calls from g711 to g729. All the examples I found seem to involve SCCP/CCM, is there any info about whether IPIPGW can be used with non-CCM setup?

I'm interested to use the IPIPGW function as generic hardware codec trancoder for different end-points capabilities, just plain codec transcoding sessions on SIP without any conferencing features.

Is there any official info on whether CCM is a 'must' on transcoding feature for IPIPGW?

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

YEs you can,

Implement CallManager Express in the same IPIP GW and configure TRASNCODER in there.

That should do it.

I followed the CME configuration. But there are missing command like 'dspfarm profile...', 'sccp group... associate ccm' on IOS c3725-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-15.T1.bin.

Is it not the right version for ipipgw and transcoding with local CME?

If I try #show sdspfarm units, the info said i'm not registered for the MTP.

mtp-1 Device:mtp000bfdc706b TCP socket:[-1] UNREGISTERED

actual_stream:0 max_stream 0 IP:0.0.0.0 0 Unknown 0 keepalive 0

max-mtps:0, max-streams:0, alloc-streams:0, act-streams:0

I think it's not necesary to configure MTP since you are not using a CCM server. Configure Transcoding only ...

sccp local FastEthernet0/x

sccp ccm identifier 1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 1 register CONFERENCE

keepalive retries 5

!

dspfarm profile 1 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec gsmfr

maximum sessions 4

associate application SCCP

Hope it can help you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: