Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT DR Site

sdasgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are going to setup for a DR site of existing DC and the current setup voice communication completely based on IP Telephony using Cisco CUCM version 7.5

Please let me know the following if possible :-

I'm having the 3 nos of Voice PRI Link from local telco ( India ) connected to my Voice Gateway ( Router ) something like +91 XXXX 7000, +91 XXXX 7400 & +91 XXXX 7800, now please let me know incase of DC environment goes down how to get the same number when DR site is in operation. 

Is the local telco can provide the same number Voice PRI Link in DC also? What are the best possible option ?

Thanks & Regards

Sujit                 

1 Reply 1

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sujit,
You need to follow the below steps to achieve this:-

1. Have a new PRI circuit terminated at the DR site from the same telco of the active site.
  2. Request your Telco, to have the same DID number ranges available at the DR site, for which the call routing should be activated only when the customer informs of the DR situation is activated (Automated call routing should not be requested to Telco's for the DR site, due to lots of issues which can arise during various scenarios)
  3. If Step 2 is not possible by telco (due to telecom regulations), you can ask them to provide a new PRI circuit which has the last 4 to 5 digits same as the primary site.

Note: For the DID calls to land on the DR site, during DR situation, the telco will be forwarding the DID calls from active site PRI to the DR site via there internal switch matching the last 4-5 Digits, which will pre-defined for the requested customer.

HTH,
Gifton Abel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: