cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible for CUCM to send the originating device's IP address when a MTP resource is used across a SIP Trunk?

sweddle
Level 1
Level 1

Call flow: phone----fxs port ---H323 VGW---CUCM----SIP trunk----3rd party sip call agent. The problem is that CUCM is sending the MTP IIP address as th connector identifier for the RTP packets in the sip SDP messaging instead of the H323 source IP. One of the recomendations is to configure a DSP farm on the H323 VGW but unfortunatelly  this is not the best solution since there are humdred of remote VGW and I would have to incease the dsp resources to support dsp farming just to have htis feature. I will test IP phone in the morning instead of a H323 VGW but I expect the result to be the same beucause of of the untilization of the MTP resource. any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sweddle, There is no way to change this. If CUCM needs MTP for a call and you dont have any other MTP resource other than the CUCM MTP, then it will use itself.

Unless you configure an alternative MTP resource, or choose that CUCM should not use MTP resource and still allow the call to go through...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

sweddle
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with 3rd party vendor to see if they will be able to support " later offer SDP messaging" in future releases. Thanks for the responses on this issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App