Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible to block the forwarding feature of a phoneset in CUCM 9.1

cevliyaoglu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How is it possible to block  some  staff,  forwarding their phonesets to another destination?

But  blocking the forwarding feature of this staff, should not inhibit this staff to call anybody, or transfer call to anybody.

What is the solution for it?

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You would want to assign a Call Forward All CSS that restricts the available destinations.

There are different CSSs (line/device) that control what the users can dial directly, and these also control the transfer capabilities.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Changing the CSS  requires, remove and recreate the DN?

If so, then it means that I should remove nearly 10000 people and recreate them.

Why would you need to remove and recreate them? Just change the setting.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,  we 're using Cisco HCS Hosted cloud environment. And  the interface doesn't allow to change the  Call Forwarding CSS .  You can see the screenshot.  

Hi

I'm not familiar with HCS but as I understand it, it is basically a provisioning front end that you are looking at. Someone else (or yourself in a different part of the interface perhaps) will define the template that defines that line - if you don't have rights/ability to do it, then raise it with your HCS service provider.

Aaron

Yes Aaron you're right . It's a provisioning  front end . And it's not as flexible as enterprise web interface . It is for managing different customers of a Telco. They also told us it's not possible  without remove and recreating DN. And I double checked it in this forum.

Thx for your help.

You don't need to recreate a DN to remove a simple feature from a phone....  Not sure who gave you that information but it is dead wrong.  You can do one of two things:

1. Make a new softkey template without the CFWDALL softkey
  2. Do what Aaron said and just restrict CFWDALL with a CSS

If the provider is in charge of this side of the configuration you may want to talk to another person there as they are giving you faulty information.

The whole point of a provisioning system is to enable bulk changes and deployments to be done with less effort than the basic CUCM system on it's own.

Push back on the provider, they can fix it. You don't need to re-add a thousand DNs; if they need reading programatically that's fine, it's up to the SP to automate this for you...

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

I suppose the other option would be to adjust the phone button template during the on-hook state to remove the CFwdALL soft button from the phone altogether.

Then just reset the device pool out of hours.

The point that aaron makes is also correct in that there is no need to remove and recreate the DN numbers, simply adjust as required and save.