cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to Configure Voicemail Features on CUCM without using Cisco Unity H/W and S/W Modules

wittyenggs
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am working on CUCM 8.5 version in our environment. Recently we have got a new request for enabling Voicemail for every Ephone-DN and a GDM for Hunt Groups.

On some googling, i found out that Cisco Unity Express modules integrate with CUCM to provide Voicemail,FAX, Email- Services. Also i would have to go for a dedicated hardware AIM/NM type and buy CUE Software and Licenses which would eventually turn out to be a costly affair for our small business environment.

Hence i would like to understand, if i can setup say 10 personal mail-boxes and 3 GDM's without having to go for CUE and configuring these features in CUCM itself.

If yes can anyone provide a complete command line configuration guide for the same.

Thanks!!!

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM is not a VM system.

You forcefully need to buy a VM system, CUE or CUC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We have Unity here for our "normal" voicemail.  However, for our customers we provide a voicemail box for the calls that come in after hours.  It would have been cost prohibitive to buy licenses in Unity for them (over 2000).  So, we installed an asterisk server with a SIP trunk to CUCM.  We then put their asterisk extension in the busy and no-answer fields and use the Asterisk voicemail.