cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to have two select softkeys ?

mahmoud.saleh
Level 1
Level 1

i am using cisco jtapi, and i have a page that display list of contacts, the select button function is to access the url for the menu item which is the link for the contact details page, and i was wondering if i can make another select softkey that goes to the same menu item url but takes a parameter:

something like:

<SoftKeyItem>

<Name>Call</Name>

<URL>SoftKey:Select?action=call</URL>

<Position>4</Position>

</SoftKeyItem>

my requirement is to have two select keys on the same page and i can differ between them so that i can make a select button that goes to the contact details page and a select key that goes to the call page.

please advise, thanks.

5 Replies 5

mahmoud.saleh
Level 1
Level 1

please advise.

I don't think so, when CUCM tells a device what softkeys are available from the softkey set message it's in binary 1 = display the key, 0 = do not display, since there's only one location for each softkey I'm not aware of any way to display duplicate keys to a SCCP phone.  On the other hand a SIP phone could display duplicates if the firmware was customized.

mahmoud.saleh
Level 1
Level 1

on another way, can i get the position or any details of the presessed softkey ?

Hi

You generally wouldn't want two softkeys with the same label, as that would confuse users. Why not call them 'Details' and 'Call'?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

@Aaron, that's what i want, i want to have a details sokftkey and a call softkey but they both do a select function, the details key go to the details of the selected contact, and the call key go to the call page of the selected contact.