cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is PVDM required ?

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i am terminating a PRI in my 2821 router, i am not using any analog interfaces, its complete digital like we have ip phones in our branch and we will use pri to forward calls to pstn, do i require PVDM ?? or just a simple PRI card will be ok ??

reply urgent plz

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Yes you will need a PVDM. The least you will need is 1 DSP per PRI channel. If you are doing conferencing or transcoding, additional DSP resources will be needed for this also

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Yes you will need a PVDM. The least you will need is 1 DSP per PRI channel. If you are doing conferencing or transcoding, additional DSP resources will be needed for this also

hi, i have some other branches also connecting to my main site, each branch will have atleast 2 ip phones, routers on branches are 1841, so do i require pvdm on 1841 also ?? as i know 1841 doesnt support voip so the alternative is 1861 so in this case also do i require pvdm on 1861 ??

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

If you are not going to have PSTN lines at branches then you do not need PVDMs there.

The branch phones can use PSTN lines at main site. Also they can use centrally configured PVDM resources for conferencing etc. if you are planning so

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: