cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is service applications for ip phones are supported in business edition 6000?

Hi,

My question is about business edition 5000 and 6000. When phones are deployed used these solutions, can they use customized client services that are accessed using services? Can CTI application push URLs, URIs to phones? Does business edition 5000/6000 have any impact on this feature of Cisco IP phones?

Thanks for your feedbacks in advance,

Parisa Tashakori

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is the same, the only difference is the licensing is sold slightly differently (package) and the deployment of BE6K requires specific OVA template (up to 1000 users only).  Other than that it is identical, in fact you use the same ISO to install it. Think about BE6K as marketing term not engineering.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BE call processor is just a regular CUCM and can do everything CUCM can.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Business_Edition_6000 and learned that it is a package designed for medium sized organization and it does includes Cisco Call Manager as one of main components. What I'm not sure is if for example BE 6k 9.1 is exactly same as standalone Cisco Call manager 9.1 regarding to features? Other than the number of devices that are limited in BE6k.

Features that I am looking into are
- Support for Cisco Ip phone service applications
- AXL Web Services
- Soap Services

Is there a document that specifies differences between BE6K 9.1 and standalone CUCM 9.1?

Parisa

It is the same, the only difference is the licensing is sold slightly differently (package) and the deployment of BE6K requires specific OVA template (up to 1000 users only).  Other than that it is identical, in fact you use the same ISO to install it. Think about BE6K as marketing term not engineering.

HTH,

Chris

Hi

As chris said, those are the main differences, I found a document as below

Please rate if this helps, by clicking the stars below.

Thanks

Hi Parisa,

In addition to what Mr. Chris and Kaja has said [+5],BE6000 is just a limitation on the Hardware[UCS C220 M3]  where it supports 1000 users, 1000 VMs, 100 CCX Agents,1000 IM & Presence Users , 50 Gateway sites. and VCS.

The deployment models available are Single Site, Clustering over WAN , Distributed Call Processing, Multisite  with Centralised Call Processing.

regds,

aman

Chris, Kaja and Aman,

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

I was hoping to find a document published by Cisco that specifies the differences. But I think it's enough for me to confirm that our CTI can still interact with phones registered to BE6k.

Parisa

There is no such document as there is no different, BE6K is not Communications Manager, it is a bundle that includes Communications Manager!

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Parisa

If this answers if this answers your question, please mark the question as answered to help others in the future.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: