cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a conversion table for DLUs to CUCM 9.x licenses?

bndooley
Level 7
Level 7

During the upgrade process from pre-9.0 releases to CUCM 9.0 and later, ELM is installed and lets you convert your licensing from the DLU model to the UCL/CUWL licensing model.  This worked fine for the upgrades that I have already done, but now I am trying to plan how to allocate unused DLUs to the other license classes for the dozen or so additional clusters that I need to migrate.  ELM does NOT appear to have an offline mode where you can enter a number DLUs and then come up with an acceptable allocation of UCL/CUWL/TP rooms beforehand.

Is there a formula somewhere that I can use to do this planning in advance of the actual upgrades?

17 Replies 17

The version of LCU that I ran allowed multiple clusters and credentials to be input.  I work for a SP and we did this for several of our managed service clusters for different customers on a single report that we used to get our contract entitlement correct.  The problem became that although I asked for license for only one of the clusters on the report, GLO issued all licenses for all clusters to a single ELM.  Unfortunately for me, the multiple clusters are isolated from each other and could not share an ELM instance, so unwinding this back to the proper state became the painful, time-consuming part of the process.

Understood.

I think u should have conveyed multiple cluster info to GLO.

[+5] for sharing the info.

regds,

aman

I did, and also conveyed what I wanted done with the unused DLUs in the LCU report, but they ignored both pieces of information and issued a single license with just the allocated DLUs for all clusters and threw away all unused DLUs.