cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a limit on how many background images can be available for a Cisco 7945 Phone

david rincon
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 4 images loaded and available from our Cisco 7945 phones. I'm attempting to load a 5th image into CUCM like I have done before in the past but the thumbnail image does not appear.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of any limit and I have done many more than 5 without issues. I would probably not do more than 20 as that may take time for the thumbnails to download when going to background selection screen.

Make sure you uploaded the list.xml and the images on every TFTP node and that you restarted TFTP service. Also, try to open the ring.xml in web browser to make sure proper formatting of the XML file is seen.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To the best of my knowledge, there is no limit, are you sure the List.xml is correctly formatted, the images are the right size, in the right directory and that you're pointing to the right TFTP?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello everyone,

thanks for your responses.

Below is the List.xml file open from a browser

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/NYC.png" Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/NYC-THUMB.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

I looked at the List.xml file for a few of my phone types and none of them have the <?xml version="1.0"?> line. An example line from one of my List.xml files is:

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Sunset_Thumbnail.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/Sunset.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

I don't know if the order of the Image and URL parts is important but that's how all my files are formatted, the Image comes first followed by the URL.

After uploading the new List.xml, the thumbnail and image files, do you restart the TFTP service?

Bill

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of any limit and I have done many more than 5 without issues. I would probably not do more than 20 as that may take time for the thumbnails to download when going to background selection screen.

Make sure you uploaded the list.xml and the images on every TFTP node and that you restarted TFTP service. Also, try to open the ring.xml in web browser to make sure proper formatting of the XML file is seen.

I only loaded them to one of the nodes. as soon as i uploaded them to the other nodes and restarted the TFTP the images appeared. thanks for your help.

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

For 7945/65s, I found a limit of 50. I haven't seen this in documentation but this is what I experienced when I tried to go past 50 on CUCM 9.1.2 SU2. When I tried to add the 51st image to the List.xml file, I got no thumbnails displayed on the phone. I don't recall if I saw an error message on the screen but I don't think so. I just got no thumbnails at all. When I removed the 51st image from List.xml, my thumbnails displayed again. I had to remove 1 image from the List.xml file for every 1 I added. If you have less than 50, you should be fine.

I don't know if this limit applies to other models; the 7945/65 were the only ones I found with this limit.

Bill