cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a software tool that can simulate a phone call?

Hi,

We are currently running Cisco Unified Communication - System version 7.0.1.11000-2 and Cisco Unity 4.2 and

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 7.0(1).

I am wondering... Does there a tool that can simulate a phone call from a number and to another number?

The reason for this is that I would like to see why my phone sometimes acts strangely and it could be interesting to see what happens, if it was possible to trace the route and what happens during the call.

I would like as much information's as possible about the call.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh, totally forgot to mention that!

It's called Variphy Insight.  You can Google it.

If you request a free software eval, say you were referred from the Support Forum.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl,

not sure what you really wanted to do, but then u can actually use CIPC, which is a softphone to do your simulation,

something like CIPC calling another CPIC. Or if you prefer to run everything on the same PC, you can try install CIPC

and also IP Blue Softphone.

Hope this answer you.

Please rate a helpful post.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

It is not a software phone I am looking for, it is more like a troubleshooting tool I am looking for.

I am looking for a tool that can trace my call to another phone and describe precisely what is happening to my call and what routes the call takes on the network (what routers and switches and gateways the traffic passes through and what numbers I am sending through the network).

And if I am making a call out of the house, I would like to be able to track the call as far as I can, so I can see how the traffic on the call flows.

I hope that this makes sense

Kind Regards,

Carl-Marius

The closest you are going to get to this is using the hidden command 'csim start ' to emulate a call on a router.

You have to use this in tandem with debug tools to gather more info on the call routes etc...

from the call manager you can also use the 'Dialed Number alayser' which will show you the logic route the call takes through CUCM.

apart from those its down to your own network trouble shooting...

hth

Chris Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl -

With this app you actually remote control a phone.  So it's possible to control 2 phones and have one call the other.  While the call is in progress, you can get statistical information (via Call Stats tab) of the call in progress - jitter, latency, packet loss, MOS values, etc....  You see the IP Phone in a window with the actual screenshot of the phone - sort of like a softphone but you don't tap into the rtp stream.  The tabs at the top of the window allow you to get information about the phone - IP address, TFTP address, neighbor switchport, firmware, serial number, blah, blah, blah, etc....

Don't know if this would suit your needs.  Let me know if this helps -

What app is this?

Oh, totally forgot to mention that!

It's called Variphy Insight.  You can Google it.

If you request a free software eval, say you were referred from the Support Forum.

Thanks a lot Chris,i'll try it

No problem!

Should be really easy to install and operate.

Hi Chris,
That was precisely that kind of application I was looking for!
Thank you very much! (and thank you very much for the name of the application also)
I will try this application right away
Kind regards,
Carl-Marius

Message was edited by: Carl-Marius Steensen

Hi Chris,
That was precisely that kind of application I was looking for!
Thank you very much! (and thank you very much for the name of the application also)
I will try this application right away
Kind regards,
Carl-Marius

No problem!

Happy to help.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: