Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to fix the MWI to remain lit apart from calling Unity MWI DN

George Banuelos
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Need to discover the method to activate the MWI on 7941G phones apart from calling the Unity MWI DN.  There are 7 PLAR phones configured for ring-down to a Security Operations Center and the intent is to trigger the MWI's to remain lit indefinately for easier identification of these Emergency type phones.  The prescribed method to configure PLAR phones as presented on Cisco's support community has been used to establish these 7 phones as PLAR units.  The issue is that the DNs/phones are assigned to exclusive CSS & PT for the PLAR configuration and the phones can't dial the Unity MWI to trigger the MWI. 

Looking for a work around solution or manual method to trigger and leave the MWI's lit.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
2 Replies 2

Hi,

You can use one of this two options:

Number 1: You can created one voicemail for all phone and associate the MWI to all of them (Edit--> Message Waiting Indicator) , then leave a message in the voicemail, that way they will turn on the MWI.

Number 2: You can create a voicemail for each phone, then leave a message.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

Thank you very much for the input! 

A very important thing I did not mention is that the shared DN assigned to the PLAR phones is a virtual 9 digit DN that is only in the PLAR partition.  It can't be called from any other phone.  WIll this present a challenge for the MWI from the Unity side?

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: