cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is UCM version 7.x still relevant? Regarding outdated INE course

esa_fresa
Level 1
Level 1

INE has what looks like a great course for studying voice, but it's for CCIE voice v3 which uses UCM version 7.x. I'm worried that there'll be enough outdated information that I'll get confused when I jump into production servers running 11.x.

So I guess my questions specifically are... How different is version 7.x and 11.x? Can someone recommend some more recent videos?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The core of CUCM is still the same (config phones and feature like call park, line group, FAC/CMC, etc which have been since 3.x), but plenty of other things have been added, and now the integration with IM&P and Jabber is very far from what it used to be, plus a lot of new configuration elements that have been added over the years.

Someone with knowledge of CUCM 7 and jumping directly to 11/12 will need to spend some time reading documentation to be able to configure a few things.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The core of CUCM is still the same (config phones and feature like call park, line group, FAC/CMC, etc which have been since 3.x), but plenty of other things have been added, and now the integration with IM&P and Jabber is very far from what it used to be, plus a lot of new configuration elements that have been added over the years.

Someone with knowledge of CUCM 7 and jumping directly to 11/12 will need to spend some time reading documentation to be able to configure a few things.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay, good to know, thank you for the info Jaime.

I'm still looking for CCNP/CCIE level voice videos if you or anyone knows a good site. It looks like INE is outdated then and CBTNuggets seems a little un-technical.