Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN CALL DROPPING

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with Isdn calls dropping after sometime. I can see the link goes down this is the output.

pr 5 11:28:38.306: %CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN: Controller E1 0/0/0, changed state to up
ESAROTELCM#de
Apr 5 11:28:40.574: %MARS_NETCLK-3-HOLDOVER: Exiting Holdover for Controller E1 0/0/0

I am not sure if it is something wrong with my config or My provider,. any help?

15 Replies 15

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I will start by changing your E1 cable. If you have already done that then speak to your provider. The link is flapping, it may be a problem at their end

Please rate all useful posts

Thank You Ayodeji.

The provider is insisting that the link is fine on the End I just want to identify my side is okay or I am missing something from my End. The following are all my configs for the E1

card type e1 0 0

network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller E1 0/0/0
framing NO-CRC4
pri-group timeslots 1-31
description ############ ISDN#########

interface Serial0/0/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn sending-complete
isdn outgoing display-ie
no cdp enable

The configuration is standard. My only question is why are you not using CR4. Is this what the provider asked for? Check your cables etc..

Yes they did recommend that. I also have another problem on the same. Debugs are not displaying any output. i have done debug isdn all and dialpeer nothing is displayed although other log messages are there.

Thanks guys for the reply,

we have tested the link with a panasonic pbx and it is working fine but on cisco it is still dropping.

attached is the show controllers output.

Kennedy,

Do you have a spare VWIC card. You can also try changing that to see if that is the issue

no I dont have. from my output i can see path code violations are the ones increasing. this can not help to identify exactly if it is the card faulty or cable?

No, those errors indicate whether its a cable, card , framing etc. Have you tried framing crc4?

yes but that then the isd shows disconnected.

yes i did change the cable

I have even tried with 2800 series so Now I think it has to be something to do with the isp

It looks like the E1 link is not stable

The first thing we have to be sure about is that the controller receives a valid clock source signal from your Telco and that you have the correct setting on your controller( which i assume you have) which must come also from you Telco, so please verify this with them.

If the Telco confirm that everything is stable at their end, then you have consider replacing the cable.

But, most of the time it is a telco side issue.

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

I have talked to the telco and everything on their side is stable. I have tried with a different router and a another E1 card but it behaves the same. Is this an ios Bug or something because both my routers are using 15.0?

Have you changed the cable?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: