Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI Issue

raja Saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

we have incresaed the DID range for the PRI circuit we already have, when we dial any number in the new DID block, we get an error message, stating call cannot be completed as dialed, the issue is that the voice gateway is maintained by third party, I cannot run debugs, I have permissions to run only show commands,

Will Show ISDN active, will give the called and calling number, even if the call is failed, I am doing this to find, whether call hits my Voice gateway, will this command help or only debug q931 can help me, please advise...

cheers,

Shaggy

4 Replies 4

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaggy,

Happy New Year!

I'm assuming you are talking about incoming calls to the gateway when dialing the new DID block. show isdn active will only give you info when the call is connected. In this case, the call doesn't even get setup correctly. You would need to run "debug isdn q931". Having said that, it's always best to mention the protocol being used on the gateway (MGCP/H323/SIP). If it's MGCP, the layer 3 messages would be backhauled to CUCM and we can look at detailed CUCM SDI and SDL traces as well to give us an idea of what's going on.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi Harmit,

Thank you very much, hope you are doing great, wish you a very happy new year, the gateway is H323, I dont have permission to run the debugs on this gateway, I cannot use the CUCM trace as there is a translation pattern configured in the gateway for incoming calls, these new DID block doesn't have a translation pattern, so calls will not hit CUCM, but I want to make sure, that the call is hitting the H323 gateway.

Is there any other way to check, apart from using debug commands on voice gateway, please advise.

cheers,

Shaggy

Hi

If the scenario is as you suggest, then only the third party maintainer has the access you need. You'll need to contact them.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron / Harmit,

Thank you very much for your support, I will contact the vendor, thanks

cheers,

shaggy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: