Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI progress Indicator

raja Saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

I am having issue with ISDN PRI ( no ring back ), the problem is I can see the progress indicator messages in the debug, but still, I dont hear the ring back.

Who is origination party and termination party in ISDN terminology, If A ( PSTN phone ) is calling B ( phone in CUCM ).

to elaborate more, no ring back issue comes only for numbers forwarded to LYNC via translation pattern.

gateway1( PRI receiving calls from PSTN for both CUCM and LYNC ) ---->  CUCM  ----> gateway2 ( H323 / CUBE ) -----> LYNC

In gateway1 for debug Q931, I can see progress indicators for all the calls, only calls to LYNC have no ringback, please advise.

Cheers,

Shaggy

4 Replies 4

Gaurav Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

can you call the Lync extension internally using CUCM registered phones? i don't think its an issue with the PRI, rather an issue with CUBE.

Hi Gaurav,

Hope one of my colleague tried and it worked, but I will try this tonight and update you with the debugs, thanks

cheers,

Shaggy

Hey Gaurav,

CUBE is the culprit, I modified the dial-peer and tested one number on LYNC, it worked, I will test few other numbers on LYNC, and update you, thanks

cheers,

Shaggy

Thanks for the update Raja.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: