Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR CME and 9951 Licensing

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to get a CME ISR bundle ordered with 25 CME/SRST licenses. Both some of the Cisco guys and Distribution are confused over licensing. My question is; do I need a license for the 9951 on the ISR CME system that is bundled with 25 users (like a RTU license), or will the phone use the licenses in the bundle?

I found this license for the phone, but not sure if it applies: SW-CCME-UL-9951=

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bob,

Even with the newest ISR-G2 CME licensing scheme, Phone Licenses are Paper based RTU licenses (Right to Use).
Right to Use Feature licenses are not enforced. The "legal" expectation is that a license like the one you linked

will be purchased for each phone but this is still strictly "honor" based

Here is a clip that speaks to this question;

Prerequisites for Configuring Cisco Unified CME

Base Cisco Unified CME feature license and phone user licenses that entitle you to use Cisco Unified CME are **purchased.

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeover.html#wp2286954

ISR 29xx, 39xx

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10537_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9001359

Cheers!
Rob

Thanks Rob (you from Calgary?)

Still confusing, why have a 25 user licensed bundled if you still have to buy a license for the phone? Or posted another way, is the belief all the users will use IP Communicator, or does that require a RTU as well?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Bob,

Yep "clear as mud" is a good description of most Cisco Licensing schemes and

CME fits right in!

IP Communicator would legally require a RTU license as well. I've never been able to really nail

this down as well but, in the "old" CME ISR and "new"CME ISR-G2 licensing schemes

you legally need three licenses ...IOS,User Feature and Phone RTU. Eventually we can

see that these will become "Counted" licenses, as everything becomes more locked down.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: yes, I'm from the "Cowtown". How about you?

Alexandr Alakin
Level 1
Level 1

Well, a bit too late , but I had the same question and found answer in the following ordering guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/ucme_8_6_ue_8_5_ucc_og.pdf

Each Cisco ISR UC Bundle includes a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express feature license, memory, Cisco IOS software with or without security features, DSP resources to support IP Telephony for 8 to 250 users, Cisco Unity Express hardware and licensing, Cisco IP phone user license, and, for a limited time, Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Windows Personal sets. Table 1 lists the available UC bundles, which are only available for the 2800 and 3800 platforms.

To add users to the ISR UC bundles, use the following part numbers:

FL-CCME-UC-50, FL-CCME-UC-25, FL-CCME-UC-5, SL1861-UC-15U

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express customers will need to purchase IP phone licenses for each phone that they connect to the CME system.  For a list of phone licenses, please see Table 25 (Table 9 actually).

Cut from one line of Table 9:

CP-9951 – SW-CCME-UL-9951= (Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 CCME user license)

Sample 3 - Ordering 3945 with CME for 225 users and SIP trunking

In the following example, the customer wishes to deploy a 3945 ISR G2 Series Router with CME for 225 users. The customer will also be deploying SIP trunking for PSTN connectivity. For the users, the customer will also be deploying 50 x 9971s and 175 x 7965s. First, the customer would first need to order a "C3945-CME-SRST/K9" SKU, which provides a 3945 Voice Bundle w/ PVDM3-64, FL-CME-SRST-25, UC License PAK. Next, the customer would also need to order a zero cost top level SKU, "FL-CME", as indicated in Table 6 above. Because the "C3945-CME- SRST/K9" only comes with 25 user feature licenses and the customer wishes to deploy 225 IP Phones, the customer will need to order 2 x "FL-CME-SRST-100=" so that the feature license count adds up to 225 users. Additionally, the customer will have to order 175 x "CP-7965G", 100 x "SW-CCME-UL-7965=", 50 x "CP-9971" and 50 x "SW-CCME-UL-9971=" – see Table 9 for a list of phone license SKUs. Finally, the customer would have to order 2 x "FL-CUBEE-25=”, for support of up to 50 SIP trunking sessions.

HTH

Alexandr

HTH Alexandr
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: