cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue registering Cisco 8832

kiesa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco phone 8832 CUCM version 11.0.1.24900-2 the load file is sip8832.12-1-1-23 and the phone is not registering with Call Manager. 

What else do i need to do?

8 Replies 8

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Can you confirm that you configure the endpoint at the CUCM as 8832 (confirm that this type exists on CUCM available devices)?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes i have confirmed that the 8832 is available.Capture.JPG

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
There could be Multiple reasons why phone is not registering.
Start with Below Checklist
1) Check if IP Phone is Getting Power SUpply
2) Check if IP Phone is getting IP and it is in correct VLAN.
3) Check if IP Phone is getting Option 150 i,e TFTP Address
4) Check if IP Phone is able to contact CUCM on TFTP Port and get the configuration file.
5) Check if IP Phone MAC and Model is configured properly in CUCM

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

1) Check if IP Phone is Getting Power SUpply YES
2) Check if IP Phone is getting IP and it is in correct VLAN. Correct VLAN but is not getting the IP address
3) Check if IP Phone is getting Option 150 i,e TFTP Address YES 
4) Check if IP Phone is able to contact CUCM on TFTP Port and get the configuration file. NO 
5) Check if IP Phone MAC and Model is configured properly in CUCM YES

Does the CUCM provides the DHCP service?

Can you assisgn statically an IP address to the phone to check if the problem gets resolved?

It looks like the phone does not receive an IP Address, consequently it cannot communicate with the CUCM to register.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes CUCM provides the DHCP 

I did assign the static IP address to a phone and still nothing.

Same issue here. It keeps cycling through "Verify Your Network Connectivity" and "Network Unavailable." 

amar kshirsagar
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to switch to the alternate firmware on the phone to potentially fix this issue.

Ensure the phone will be looking for a good firmware in the device defaults.- Unplug power cord from phone/ disconnect from Poe.

- Hold the * key while connecting the power to the 8832.

- After the LED bar light turns ON green and then OFF, you can release the * key.

- The 8832 should proceed to boot from the image in the alternate partition.

The phone should pickup up an IP and properly register, then update based on your firmware loads.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: