cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with configuring barge on shared line

SCOTT JORDAN
Level 1
Level 1

I am haivng an issue configuring barge on UCM version 7.1.2su2. I have read the features and services guide for version 7 and gone through the Barge Configuration checklist.Trying to set the Single Button Barge feature on there Cisco phones as they had this on there Nortel phones

When i try a test call I see the call rings on the shared lines, verifed call is G.711 but once i click on the shared directory number and then the softkey barge i get a message Failed to setup barge. I have tested this on three differenet shared lines and get the same results

Checked on both devices

Same standard user softkey template containing Barge softkey

built-in-bridge Enabled

Privacy OFF

Single Button Barge is set to Barge

Phone models 7945,7965,7962 all are SCCP

I don't see any troubleshooting docs that contain the message Failed to setup barge. Any help would be great.

-scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Just an FYI here

With Single Button Barge you should only need to

press the Line Button on the Shared Line while it is in the "Remote in Use"

call state.

Barge adds a user to a call that is in progress. Pressing a softkey automatically adds the user (initiator) to the shared-line call (target), and the users currently on the call receive a tone (if configured). Barge supports built-in conference and shared conference bridges.

The Single Button Barge/cBarge feature allows the user to simply press the shared-line button to be added to the call. The Single Button Barge/cBarge feature supports built-in conferences and shared conference bridges.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Just an FYI here

With Single Button Barge you should only need to

press the Line Button on the Shared Line while it is in the "Remote in Use"

call state.

Barge adds a user to a call that is in progress. Pressing a softkey automatically adds the user (initiator) to the shared-line call (target), and the users currently on the call receive a tone (if configured). Barge supports built-in conference and shared conference bridges.

The Single Button Barge/cBarge feature allows the user to simply press the shared-line button to be added to the call. The Single Button Barge/cBarge feature supports built-in conferences and shared conference bridges.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html

Cheers!

Rob

I guess I was over thinking it...."The Single Button Barge/cBarge feature allows the user to simply press the shared-line button to be added to the call."

My problem was testing this by myself with two phones and my cell phone and when i would call the shared line i was looking at the phone and seeing the To barge display I would then use the down arrow and see the softkey for barge. When i would try to click on the softkey that is when i would get the message Failed to setup barge. But i was already in the barge feature.  Thanks alot!

-scott

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey scott,

Good stuff

I usually over think things as well so don't feel alone.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: