cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with dialed number ended with #

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,   I try to add # at end of the call, some pattern is working some is not. do I have to add the # at each route pattern or by default CUCM recongnize the # at end and immediately send digits out. if CUCM can recognize the # sign then why only working with certain number not others, what should I do to make it working for all patterns... thanks in advance. cheers Roy

3 Replies 3

Bhunt 410
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you have to add the pound on the route pattern or translation pattern you are using. I usually only

Y use the pound sign for intl dialing, but there can be other uses if you want to send digits right away.

Also have you checked your patterns that work for a match? The DNA will show you the pattern you matched for the calls that worked.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

you need to create two RP's one with # and another one without it based on user experience most of the time they use # for long distance calls only.

we can reduse interdigit timer as well for this.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Roy,

First of all why do you need the #? Is this used for international calls or for all calls. If you are using it for all route pattern, then you have not setup your route patterns correctly. This should not be used for all patterns. It should only be used for patterns with variable length numbers.

If you configure a Route pattern with # at the end then if users do not put the # then the call will fail. So for patterns that you want to use the #, you will have to create two patterns.

e.g

9001!#

9001!

So this pattern allows a user to dial 9001! and wait for interdigit timeout or 9001!# with the # to signal end of digit and for cucm to dial immediately.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: