Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Digit by Digit dialing.

Hi,

In the last few days  I'm having an issue with digit by digit dials - for example: when I press the "speaker" button and then dial (digit by digit), the call will not go out (nothing happens), however when I first press the number (block of numbers) and afterwards press "dial" / take the phone off took - the call will go out.

for now, I only experienced it when dialing to mobile numbers (probably has to do something with the fact that mobile numbers contain more digits than internal extensions for instance).

might be worth mentioning that not with every phone do I experience the issue but with plenty of them.

I will appreciate any insight on this matter, thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What happens if you press the # at the end of the dial string when trying digit by digit dialling?  This usually is a signal to CUCM that you have finished dialling all digits.  It may be that your inter-digit timeout is set too high.  Let me know if this works?

We then at least know there is nothing else at play.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Robert, Thank you for your reply.

Pressing the "#" at the end of the dial string makes no difference.

I checked the interdigit timeout and it does not look like that is the issue. 

at one of the attempts something weird happened - after waiting 25-30 seconds a call did go out, I tried to make it happen again but unsuccessfully (T302 timer  value does not fit the 25-30 seconds wait time...).

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Would need to know a bit more about your setup, e.g. are you using CUCM or CME?

Which model of phones do you experience the issue with? Is it something that occurs all of the time with the same phone model or is it an intermittent problem spread across different models?

As for the issue, it would sound related to interdigit / T302 timer related, but if the setting has not changed then either this delay has always been there, or its a different problem.

Another thing you could try to narrow the issue down is create a test route pattern (if CUCM) and configure it with the same amount of digits you would be dialling or create a test dial-peer (if CME) and configure it with the same amount of digits you would be dialling.

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, Thank you for your reply.

You are right, I should have mentioned - Its CUCM 11.5, I'm having this issue with 7841. and I do not have the issue with 8841 (but I am not sure if the phone type is relevant as I did not yet test it with enough devices.) 

as for the route pattern test, I will update you as soon as I tested it (I am not at the customer site at the moment).

Thank you,