Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Jabber and MoH

simonmossman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

Just come across an issue with Jabber to Jabber calls not providing a MoH source. MoH works fine bi laterally between the desk phones and one way between desk and Jabber.

Both profiles pick up the same media resource once logged in.

CUCM 10.5

Jabber 11.5.1

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just checking if the MOH is multicast or unicast, there is a limitation with Multicast MOH on jabber as per the following

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur40004/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

If MOH is not working with even unicast then you may try checking by applying the default sample audio source on these jabber clients first.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just checking if the MOH is multicast or unicast, there is a limitation with Multicast MOH on jabber as per the following

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur40004/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

If MOH is not working with even unicast then you may try checking by applying the default sample audio source on these jabber clients first.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

Thanks for the prompt response. It looks like the media resource group is sourcing multicast. I will create a test scenario and assign to my Jabber and let you know the outcome. Thanks for the bug ID also

Spot on Manish...

Set up a new DP with resources and added it to my Jabber profile...log out and back in and all works

Thanks

Good to know that, thanks for updating the post.

Manish

Hi There,

Could you please let me know how you resolved this issue? I am having the same problem.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: