Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with mobile calls with H323 gw

Telindus Espana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a nice issue with mobile calls when a convert my gw from mgcp to h323. " When a have my gw with MGCP - and  i have wan issue with SRST works well. "

So the scenario is :

I have a cluster in Spain with a gw in Santo Domingo (dominican republic ).

I change the protocol from mgcp h323.

I can call to fixe numbers, and premium number but with mobile numbers i have the following error :

Whan i call i receive this locution " internal network error from the provider "

When i make a debug isdn q931 i  see the call processing well (see attachment DISA_FAIL )

I think maybe is an error from provider but ? why with MGCP works well? why only i have issue with mobile numbers ?

IOS VERSION : c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-4.XC5.bin

Any ideas? maybe i need to change the  type plan or upgrade the IOS?

thanks

Carlos

pd : send me copy tu calopezzz78@gmail.com

3 Replies 3

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Carlos,

In the DISA_OK log file i see the call going out to 018094040222 with

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '8094760376'
              Plan:ISDN, Type:National

I suppose this work works fine.

Now in the DISA_FAIL logs i still see the call for 018094040222 with

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '8094760376'
               Plan:ISDN, Type:National

I see a call proceeding and a progress message coming in from the Telco. In the debug voip ccapi i see the call getting connected to the remote end as well. After 2 seconds i see a normal disconnect(cause value=16) from the remote end coming to us. That is why the call gets disconnected.

The above messages are exactly the same as i see in the DISA_OK logs. I dont see any problem with the call.

What exactly do you hear when you call the mobile?

Just for your info is this the dial-peer which should match for outbound mobile calls?

dial-peer voice 10 pots
description LLAMADAS MOVILES
destination-pattern 0.18[024]9.......
port 0/1/0:23
forward-digits all

I again see that you have many outbound dial-peers but all of them pointing out the same port 0/1/0:23. Why has this been done?

Because i don't think that the outbound call even uses dial-peer 10 to go out because it requires 13 digits in the called party no. for it to be matched but the called party has only 12 digits. Have you given the dot(.) after the first 0 by mistake because in dial-peers dot(.0 means a single digit.Its a wildcard.

Hope that gets you thinking about the call flow

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Hi Nitesh,

yes dial-peer 10 is for mobile calls.

Is strange because call is proceeding on both scenarios  but i hear the following messange when  i make a mobile call : " internal error " sometime after this message the call going well  or drop.

I have only one T1 pointing to voice port 0/1/0:23.

Hi Carlos,

So you mean to say that you hear a message "internal error" sometimes while calling to mobile phones and even after that sometimes the call succeeds and sometimes it doesn't? If that is the case then it means that we are sending out the numbers in the correct format but the telco is rejecting it for some odd reason. Get in touch with them and ask them why?

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Rate helpful posts