cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues making outbound calls to certain phone numbers. 3825 Gateway, using an E1 PRI. Device & Circuit located in Germany

joshreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first voice gateway deployment in Germany -  the German dial plan has proved to be challenging compared to the US dial plan.

I have a 3845 router with an E1 PRI.  Inbound/Outbound calling work fine with the exception of certain numbers.

Primarily the issue appears to impact calling certain cell phone carriers (and possibly some other numbers).

We have a E1 PRI from Deutschland Telecom.  The example number that we have problems contacting is a mobile number on O2 wireless. - Area code 176.

I have tried manipulating ISDN plan and type to all different combinations without success.

The strange thing is that the cell phone we are calling rings once, but then the call disconnect - I do not get any ringback from my devices behind the gateway.

I am attaching the output of the Q931 trace of a known good call vs the failing call (numbers scrubbed)

Anybody have experience deploying gateways in Germany?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you try adding the following command to your global config

!
voice call convert-discpi-to-prog
!

Then retest both your good & bad calls

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

After troubleshooting, and testing different combinations of commands, I discovered the fix.

I had to disable "voice call send-alert", via global command:

no voice call send-alert

After doing this all the calls that previously were not working began working.

Thanks,

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: