cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with conferencing

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user reporting that when she createsw a conference call and then she drops off the other 2 users are dropped? Example: User 1 gets a phoen call She then conferences in another party and then after they are talking she drops off. The other 2 on the line are dropped as well.

I am wondering what might cause this. I ahve a MTP point created and it it is in the MRG as well for that device pool.

Thank you

Dave

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is controlled via a CUCM service parameter, when originator drops you can either drop all participants, nobody or external participants only.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

I think this is the setting you require;

Ad Hoc Conference Settings

Cisco  CallManager Administration provides the clusterwide service parameter,  Drop Ad Hoc Conference, so you can choose when to drop an ad hoc  conference on the basis of the value that is entered in the Service  Parameters Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration.

To configure the value of the service parameter, perform the following procedure:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Service > Service Parameter.

Step 2 From the Server drop-down list box, choose a server in the cluster.

Step 3 From the Service drop-down list box, choose Cisco CallManager.

Step 4 From the Drop Ad Hoc Conference drop-down list box, choose one of the following options:

Never - The conference is not dropped. (This is the default option.)

When  No OnNet Parties Remain in the Conference - The system drops the active  conference when the last on-network party in the conference hangs up or  drops out of the conference. Cisco CallManager releases all resources  that are assigned to the conference.

When  Conference Creator Drops Out - The active conference terminates when  the primary controller (conference creator) hangs up. Cisco CallManager  releases all resources that are assigned to the conference.

Cheers!

Rob

**EDIT** +5 to my buddy Chris for blowing me up once again

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

I noticed it is set to "Never" already. So it should never drop. I wonder if something else might be going on?