cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Inbound and Outbound Dial peers

Oliver Dilan
Level 1
Level 1

Im having a issue with my dial peers where when my gateway receives and inbound call it also some of the time sets up a dial-out call to my sbc I cant figure out why this is happening. Inbound call works fine but my sip provider tells me he also sees inbound calls to his sbc from my gateway at the same time hes sending me calls. when i shutdown my outside dial peer this goes away im stuck . My dial peer configs are below im new to this if anyone can give me some insight. Thank you

mgcp profile default
!
!
dial-peer voice 28 pots
trunkgroup voip
preference 5
destination-pattern .T
direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 99 voip
voice cut-through alert
session protocol sipv2
incoming called-number .T
voice-class codec 99
dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
no vad
!

dial-peer voice 100 voip
description outgoing
destination-pattern .T
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:63.76.57.17
voice-class codec 99
dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
!
dial-peer voice 29 pots
preference 8
destination-pattern .T
port 7/0:26:D
!
dial-peer voice 30 pots
preference 9
destination-pattern .T
port 7/0:27:D
!
dial-peer voice 31 pots
preference 10
destination-pattern .T
port 7/0:28:D
!
!
dial-peer hunt 1
gateway
timer receive-rtp 1200
!
sip-ua
!
!
!
gatekeeper
no shutdown

4 Replies 4

julio.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Oliver,

From the DPs you've provided, without any translations in place, you're receiving any pattern(incoming called number) and then forwarding any pattern(destination pattern) back out to the provider 63.76.57.17. Traditionally, the outbound DP should be a bit more specific, such as '91[2-9]..[2-9]......$' otherwise you're looping the call back out. 

Can you provide a example from my configs. Also there’s a large pbx on my far end so when we get inbound calls it can be from any number when we dial out from the pbx it can be to different numbers does this play into the configure 

Yup. Let's assess both inbound and outbound separately. 

I'm guessing inbound from outside is on DP 99. After receiving this, where do you want to send the call? This needs to be specified since currently, all of your DPs are using .T as a destination pattern. The gateway doesn't know where to send it next, so it is going to send it out DP 100 to 63.76.57.17; which seems like it is going back outside. If the next destination expected is going to call manager, then you need to have a DP for call manager, with a specified pattern. 

For example:

Inbound called party pattern '1234567989' -> Match Inbound DP 99 -> ....where do you want this call to go next? 

The way I see from what you've provided:

Inbound called party pattern '1234567989' -> Match Inbound DP 99 -> Match Outbound DP 100 -> 63.76.57.17

Hi did change the destination pattern to the office and that worked . But there's is a issue with that if the platform dials a number outside the office it fails and that platform can dial 1 of many number its never the same.

Changed From destination-pattern .T to destination-pattern 973671T

but it will only successfully dial out to those numbers other dial outs to other numbers fail.

So if I dial 973671..... goes through and there is no loopback that happens while inbound calls are coming through.

If I Dial 718249.... it will fail but there will still be no loopbacks on inbound calls

What our carrier said is when it is set to destination .T calls coming through to the inbound dial peer come in and also try to go out of the outbound dial peer causing it to eat up the allotted outbound sessions we are allowed by our carrier which then prevents us from doing any outbound calls until those session are tore down.

When we specific with the destination pattern there are no loopbacks but I need to be able to dialout from my platform to any number which could be 1 of thousands. I don't know how to configure that to make it work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: