cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Missed Calls Directory

johnhsnow
Level 1
Level 1

I am working at client site that has a CUCM 8.6.2 cluster. There is an issue with missed calls where the internal extension that is being called from the list is being routed incorrectly and at random to another extension in the company. The phones are 6945(9.3.1.3ES3) and 794X(42.9-2-1S) SCCP firmware.

Has anybody seen this before?  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot or trace this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Just curious if you tried checking the CDR records for the phone

that tried dialing via the "Missed Calls" list? I'm just wondering if

perhaps they forgot to enter the prefix (like dial 9) before trying?

Maybe there is a situation where;

Missed call = something like 504-244-7897

User @ 5042 and the dial string matched @ first 4 digits if the first user forgot to edit dial 9

Just a thought

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd start with CUCM traces to find out exactly what is being dialed by the phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

I would get the call traces like Jaime said and also use the dialed number analyzer to see if you are matching any translation patterns.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

UCM tracing is detailed enabled - everything except SCCP keepalive and device name based is on. It appears I can only run a session trace in RTMT for 60 mins and this is random occurance so I need to recreate the issue to capture the call if it fails then.

I tried to recreate but it just works for me on two other phones.

I have to find out who the calling party numbers are to run DNA.

is there another way to trace other than the session trace via RTMT?

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Are you able to dial out using the phones in question successfully? Do the phones in question have different PTs and CSSs?

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yahsiel,

the phones are able to dial out to each other directly. This has happened a couple times in the last couple months randomly. The same internal user is the one that always receives the mis-directed calls. The callers placing the calls are random but are all calls from the missed calls directory.

Just to give you an example, the first incident a user tried to use his missed calls directory to call someone on the PSTN and it routed the call to the same internal user I mentioned above. The phone is able to place the same call directly, but not from missed calls list.

The issue went away for a few weeks, but has returned again.

Im still working on the trace but waiting on the end user.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Just curious if you tried checking the CDR records for the phone

that tried dialing via the "Missed Calls" list? I'm just wondering if

perhaps they forgot to enter the prefix (like dial 9) before trying?

Maybe there is a situation where;

Missed call = something like 504-244-7897

User @ 5042 and the dial string matched @ first 4 digits if the first user forgot to edit dial 9

Just a thought

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

great point Rob!

the gateway is not prefixing 9 on inbound calls so that would make sense.  I just tested this from my cell phone, but when i call from my missed calls directory it treats the call en bloc, not digit by digit analysis and the call fails. I tried this on two different models thinking it might be phone type that makes the difference but it was not.

I checked to make sure the first 4digits in my cell phone number match the 4 digit extension of a phone.

Hi John,

Just one further question.....were you testing this with

On-Hook dialing?

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

+5 Rob

Hope all is well

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hey Yosh,

Right back at you my friend

Life is great here. How bout you?

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hey Rob, tried both same results.

FYI - Yosh re :IE collaboration

we just got email today from Cisco SE

the latest news and release on the new IE collaboration migration is you can convert your IE cert by just writing the written exam only NO lab required - webiste isnt updated to reflect this yet.

There was alot of back and forth on this not sure if you are up to date or not so just thought I would share my latest.

so i just pulled up the CNA to check the NXX range within 780 area code and the range 200-299 exists.

http://cnac.ca/data/ac780.htm

the users extension is 7802

so it is very logical that from the missed calls directory a number like 7802XX- XXXX would match 7802 and ring that DN, but i cant seem to recreate that because the phone is not dialing digit by digit.

Any thoughts?

This is the doc I found for firmware 8.4 - anything prior to this used digit by digit dialing for SCCP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_4_1/english/release/notes/79x5x2_841.html#wp167201

En-bloc Dialing for SCCP Cisco Unified IP Phones

In previous IP Phone firmware versions, when dialing a number on-hook, from a call record (missed, placed or received), or from directories, the Cisco Unified IP Phone would play out each digit sequentially. This introduced a dialing delay. If the keypad was pressed during dialing, the digits could be inserted into the dial string incorrectly.

This has been resolved by sending all of the digits dialed on-hook, or from a call record in a single dial string (En-bloc Dialing), similar to cell phone dialing. The user will no longer hear each digit dialed sequentially.http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso95186

Note En-bloc dialing behavior is not configurable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: