cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with paging

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Have a vg224 - assigned a DN to port 15 on VG.  Connection from port 15 to a Tamb B pair labeled phone system.  Then made connection from Tamb B paging output to a bogen 100tpu amp on the tel connections.  when I dial dial the DN all i get is a busy signal.  am I missing something?

7 Replies 7

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As you are connecting the TAM-B to a VG224 (FXS) port you
are using a station port connection type. 
Please see the following link and folow the instructions
on PAGE 7 (Station Port/Centrx Connection)

http://www.voipmechanic.com/documents/TAMBm.pdf

Hope this helps
Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

thanks.  So no need for a P/S.  Does it matter how I configure my FXS port in Call Manager?  LS, GS or POTS?

So this is now working - however there is "random" feedback back occurring when dialing into the paging system to initiate a page.  I say random because it will work from one phone and not form another but the next day it will work from a phone that wasn't working the day prior... crazy.  As soon as you dial the #76 and connect - horrible feedback occurs even before you begin to speak.

Some paging controllers allow you to record the message before it plays back to the speakers to get around these type of feedback issues.

Thank you for your reply, I actually use informacast at other locations.  Thing is this just started occurring with no change to the plant environment (phones, speakers etc) with the exception of adding a Tamb B to the environment.  Looking for more of a possible cause based on what was added.

You could play around with the volume settings on the device.  What model amplifier are you using?  How do you have the VG224 port wired to the TAM-B controller?  How do you have the TAM-B controller wired to the amplifier?

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

Try to debug the VPM messages.

debug vpm all

debug voice dial peer all

We use TAM-B2s but instead of a VG we use a router with a FXO card. When we get a fast busy the VPM debug will show a few things. Two common ones are power denial failure and line reversal detected. We have also found that solid wire for the connection from the FXO to TAM-B works better than stranded wire like found in old telephone cable.

Also, like mentioned below. TAM-Bs come configured from that factory to supply line power. Since you are using a VG (FXS port), the VG will be supplying the power and you need to adjust the dip switches on the TAMB to reflect that.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: