Views
Helpful
Replies

it takes Long time to save any device related config

ahmad_tamneh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a strange behavior with my CCM 6.1.3.3201-1, when you try to save any changed on the device configuration for IP Phone, for example when you enable the  extension mobility , you must select enable extension check box, it take long time to complete the saving..!!

any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ahmad,

Is this new behaviuor ??

If so , can you please double check the switch config with the server config for the speed and duplex , this happened with me once , the CUCM server was configured as 100 Full and the switch was 1000 full .

Amer

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Long Time" can have different meanings in different contexts

Try being specific, how many seconds ?

Hi Paolo,

mm you can say that in the bad cases it may take more than minute ..

now specific ?

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Has this delay always occured, or did it just start happening recently?  Have you guys rebooted your Call manager servers recently?

Hello Ahmad,

Is this new behaviuor ??

If so , can you please double check the switch config with the server config for the speed and duplex , this happened with me once , the CUCM server was configured as 100 Full and the switch was 1000 full .

Amer

Well, Amer  you are right, I checked earlier the speed between the switch and the CUCM, but the strange thing is that, this delay is not occurred with all type of configuration changes.. it most likely happened with any change configuration related to the devices, as a told before.. e.x the select enable extension mobility ..

After you match exactly the config between the CUCM and the switch , do a full cluster reset , so it can re-establish all links to all devices.

The problem is that that the call manager is having a problem with communicating with the switch due to duplex mismatch or speed mismatch so make sure all config are exactly the same and then do cluster restart (all servers starting with PUB) keep monitoring the logging of the switch .

Amer

Hi clileikis,

Yes I can say it happened most of the time, we did not reboot the call manger recently

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: