Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR--ANALOG-PHONE

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Can we get IVR services on analog phone?

BR

Abdul Karim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can configure an IVR on the unity connection without IP Phones, you might not get the same features when the calls lands on an anlaog phone from the IVR/AA from unity as opposed to an IP Phone (hold, transfer etc) But you'll have basic functionality of answering calls.

So basically call flow will be like:

PSTN > Gateway > CUCM > CUC > Plays IVR > Transfers back to CUCM to an extension for example to one assigned to an analog phone.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

View solution in original post

Of-course, if MGCP/SCCP integrated, they would be extensions belonging to the same cluster.

If not (i.e. you have an H.323 trunk to the VG), you can always transfer from the IP phones to an "external" number (the analog phones).

Georgios

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please explain your requirement in detail.

Thanks Nipum,

Our client has one BE7K. CUCM in installed on it. Few VG310 for analog phones and One ISR4321 for PSTN connectivity. But he did not purchase IP phones. 

Now he is asking to install Unity as well for IVR services. Now let me know do you think IVR will work?

As per my understanding we need at least one IP phone for reception. What do you think?

BR

If you want an IVR/ Auto attendant functionality from CUC you can achieve that without any IP Phones on the CUCM. You can make leave voicemails for extensions and retrieve them from the analog phones as well.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Thanks Abey,

I am not asking for voice mail. My question is regarding IVR. analog phone has not capability of call forwarding.

BR

Yes you can configure an IVR on the unity connection without IP Phones, you might not get the same features when the calls lands on an anlaog phone from the IVR/AA from unity as opposed to an IP Phone (hold, transfer etc) But you'll have basic functionality of answering calls.

So basically call flow will be like:

PSTN > Gateway > CUCM > CUC > Plays IVR > Transfers back to CUCM to an extension for example to one assigned to an analog phone.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Hi,

Can we transfer a call from IP phone to analog phone in same cluster,

BR

Of-course, if MGCP/SCCP integrated, they would be extensions belonging to the same cluster.

If not (i.e. you have an H.323 trunk to the VG), you can always transfer from the IP phones to an "external" number (the analog phones).

Georgios

You can create an IVR at CUC using Call Handlers. Also, you can insert you analog phones and extensions (the ones connected at the VG310) in CUCM using MGCP integration.

Georgios
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: