cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.9.3 with CUCM 10.5.1 -

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I am trying to setup Jabber 11.9.3 on Windows 10 to communicate with CUCM 10.5.1

I have a Service Profile created and assigned as default for the cluster. 

Home Cluster is checked under the user configuration.

I have a Jabber phone created and assigned the phone to the user I have listed as controlling the device.

One the line of the phone I associated the extension to the user.

After client is installed I click advanced settings;

Select Communications Manager 9 and later

Select Use the following server and enter the IP address of the CUCM pub.

The phone logs in and registers in CUCM, however the phone number does not show up on the device.  I can make a call out and call the number and it rings to the jabber client.

I would just like to see the number somewhere on the client for users.  Any other configuration I am missing?

6 Replies 6

With your setup and versions you will not have the option to see this in Jabber. If you would have the possibility to use multi line in Jabber you would see the numbers as a selection option in the lower left side of Jabber, but with one line set you would not see that even if the versions of Jabber and the infrastructure would support use of multi line.

Response Signature

+5(Roger)

In addition to Rogers answer, is there a reason why you are manually selecting CUCM server in jabber client? Why are you not using auto discovery? NB you will need to create DNS SRV records for auto discovery to work

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you both.

As far as selecting the server versus auto discovery, I'm not sure.  I just figured it would be easier to set the CUCM server.

From an agent perspective, this doesn't make sense.  The agents need a line to login to so I don't see any reason why the line on the phone wouldn't be displayed so they know what extension they need to enter in Finesse.

Still not sure I understand that part at all.

If it's an agent that would use Jabber it would likely be so that you setup multi lines on the CSF device. Anyway that's the most common use case for agents to have their personal extension and a CCX agent extension. Then there would be a none issue for you as they will see something similar to the below.

Snag_192f3a3.png

Response Signature

Thanks, I would like to use multi line but it's not supported on my current version.  Will need to wait until we upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: