cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.9 (24h)Military Time Display Bug?

chrishoge
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Jabber 12.9 on both my iphone and Windows desktop. Both cause chats to display in Military time. When I go back to 12.8 everything is back in the 12h format. Any ideas how to fix this? We have been using the 12h format for years.

Thanks 

11 Replies 11

What’s so “military” with 24h time? Nonetheless  I don’t have any suggestion for you at the moment on how to change this.

Response Signature

Sometimes I forget the Cisco forums are global in reach.

24h time is heavily referred to as “Military“ in the United States.

One more thing to add, that I have only noticed in 12.9 on IOS, is the preview chat page displays in 12h but reverts to 24h when going into individual conversations.

bsbswilson
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the same thing.  If anyone gets an update or a fix for this we would appreciate it!  Our people are starting to notice and are not happy.

To clarify, our users who are still on 12.8 are seeing 12hr time, users see 24hr time after the 12.9 update.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Jabber chats display in 24 hour (military) time regardless of OS setting
CSCvv06604
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia As this is listed as “Fixed” in the defect what version would it be corrected in?

Response Signature

Most likely they're still trying to determine in which version to incorporate the fix, that's why it doesn't show there yet, I'd subscribe to the bug.

HTH

java

Looks like the bug/fix you posted is only for Mac and I cannot find the bug/fix for Windows. Do you happen to have that?

Apparently despite the bug saying it only affects Jabber for Mac, it's also applicable to J4W, and an upcoming release for both platforms will have the fix.

HTH

java

As someone did state we understand Cisco is a global company so it would be nice if Cisco provided the user with the option to select 24 or 12 hour time format.  

You can reach out to your SE to submit a PER, I do agree that there should be an option for the user to choose whether they want 12 or 24 hr format.

HTH

java

Just FYI. I was running the 12.9.0 release and saw the defect of chat showing 12h/24h (military time) format.

I have upgraded to Version 12.9.2.54247 Build 304247 - and it has fixed the issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: