Helpful
Replies

Jabber Call Transfer

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Facing strange issue in jabber for windows call transferring:

Jabber windows client are selected to "Use My Computer for calls" to make/receive and transfer calls.

Scenario:

User A call User B, User B answers call from windows jabber 10.5.2 and consult transfer to User C. When User B call User C (By default User A should go on hold) at this stage call converts into conference automatically between User A-User B-User C. Not sure why conference is activating. This is happening with Jabber client only.

Transfer is working successful with IP Phones 7821, 7962.

We upgraded Jabber to latest version 11.0 but still facing same issue.

CUCM 10.5.2, IM&P 10.5.2

Any idea ?

Regards

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you actually tried the behavior yourself??

Or is this what you got from and end-user?? plenty of times end-users do not actually understand the how-to and end up doing something else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes,

I have tested myself.

Regards

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old thread. One of our users has said that they are experiencing a similar situation, its intermittent.

Did you find out what was happening/find a solution?

Many thanks

Brad

Hello,

I also have the same issue,
Call comes to user A (jabber), he tries to transfer the to user B (jabber), when he hits transfer button,a conference call is established, which is not what user A intended to do

User A connects to Customer -->Agent A use consult feature --> MOH not playing--> Call connects to conference with Agent B --> Agent A drops off the call (As expected) --> Both Agent B and customer drops off the call too 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: