cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Can't Hear Caller

nhopper
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is unable to hear callers through his speakers using Jabber. 

Information provided by customer:

"Recently I haven't been able to hear the caller although they can hear me. I've ruled that it's probably Jabber since the moment it happened it promoted a "change of audio device" although there wasn't any. I have all but 1 window audio device disabled (window settings) so the system could always defaults to the "speakers" and one microphone. I've always had this set-up before even installing jabber. Within Jabber only one setting comes up which is "speaker" and one microphone. When making calls, I can hear the sounds jabber can make such as the ringtone and the initial call dial but after the 1st dial the phone goes silent. While utilizing jabber, I can not listen to the caller regardless if it's an incoming or receiving call."

What we have tried:
- Updated the Jabber version to 14.0 than reverted to older version of the software (NO FIX)
- Changed the audio port on the computer and selecting it under jabber/window settings (NO FIX)
- Reset all settings on Jabber completely and completely uninstalling the software (NO FIX)
- Tried call forwarding which leads to the call to automatically being placed back on queue and saying missed call (NO FIX)

We appreciate any help!

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have any other programs running that also utilize audio?  I have seen issues in the past where apps such as Skype will "override" the settings on a machine, including the video camera and audio settings.  You may need to look at some of these, change the settings within them, and restart.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

nhopper,

I have run into this after a Windows 10 update. The privacy settings under microphone got switched to off which didn't let Jabber access the microphone.

Just a thought.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: