Replies

Jabber can't interact with IVR server

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I have cucm 12 and I configured IP phone and jabber for outgoing call
Outgoing call go trought SIPtrunk And it work for jabber and ip phone

I need the user to use ip phone and jabber to interact with and IVR server (when you call one pstn number, the call is forwaded to and IVR server, this IVR automaticaly ask the room number that you need to be connected, then if you enter the correct room, he automatically ask the password, then if you enter the good password, you have access)

When I made the call with IP phone, I get the IVR automatic voice asking the room number, then I enter the room number 1234, then the IVR automatically ask the password, then I enter the password 1111 then have access

But with jabber, when I made the call, I get the IVR automatic voice  asking the room number then I enter the room number 1234, Then the IVR continu asking the room number randomly then the call hang up

It look like jabber doesn't send the room number to the IVR server or IVR server doesn't receive the room number

With the IP phone it work : with and without option "Require DTMF Reception" activated on ip phone device configuration

But With jabber it doesn't work : with and without option "Require DTMF Reception" activated on jabber device configuration

How can I configure the jabber device or CUCM to get this call also for jabber client as for ip phone ?

Please help. Thanks

5 Replies 5

The place to look at would be the configuration for the SIP trunk to the SBC in CUCM and dial peer configuration in the SBC.

Response Signature

I don't say it doesn't, but the fact is that Jabber is not sending the digits in DTMF when you make the call. If you don't want to check what is suggested then do a debug ccsip message for each call and compare the output to see if that could give you any clues to what is at fault.

Response Signature

Hi Roger and thanks for your answer

I am not using voicegateway, so there is no dial peer

Call are send to trunk >>> cellular operator (using IP conection)

So wich parameter should I check on the trunk configuration ?

Please advise

Without a SBC you’re options are limited and it’s not a recommend solution. The SBC role is to serve as a demarcation point between your phone system and your ITSP and provide internetwork functionality. Either way you would need to look at the SIP signaling and since you can not do it in a gateway you’ll have to look at the CM traces.

Response Signature

Hi,

If I understand it correctly, you facing the DTMF issue while calling an external IVR number.

As @Roger Kallberg suggested, please check the DTMF configuration on the SIP trunk call manager to the VG or CUBE. 

Also, refer to the bug CSCut91263 

Try calling a different number (for example : TAC global number and see if you are able to choose the menu) 

Also, when you say you don't have a gateway and trunk to the cellular operator, which is this trunk device? what is the next hop from the call manager?  

I hope you refer here as Trunk to an ingress/egress gateway device!

Call Manager --> Gateway --> Cellular Operator (ITSP)

Regards, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: