Jabber can't sign-up via Expressway-E

Sergey Ptushkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! i need help.

We have 2 domain configuration :

Internal - Ruspn.local

External - school-199.ru

Expressway - C sees internally SRV records - correct. ( dnsloookup.expressway-c_cuplogin.png |  dnsloookup.expressway-c_cisco-uds.png  )

Expressway - E sees externally SRV records - correct ( dnsloookup.expressway-e_collab-edge.png )

Both Domains are listed on Expressway-C (expressway-c_domains.png )

Status UC Traversal Zone - Active , is OK.

UC configured on Expressway - C - correct ( expressway-c_uc_status.png )

UC configured on Expressway - E - correct (expressway-e_uc_status.png  )

But when i trying connect from Jabber via Expressway . 

i enter the login and password.

I get the message  : "you can not automatically detect the services"

Jabber login  : Jabberr

this diagnostic log from expressway-c (diagnostic_log_expe_2015-09-24_13_17_20.zip)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Your DNS records seem to be correct.

Did you have a look in the jabber client logs / problem report?
You should find more information regarding the service discovery process there.

Maybe you could also check the tcpdump (diagnostic logging) on expressway e to see if you get any requests from the client ip address. Maybe a firewall / nat issue?

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are most likey having issues because this has not been deployed properly..

When you have multiple domains, with one of them that is not routable you will have to carefully deploy this..

1. You will need to use split DNS to achieve this..You will need to host a copy of the external domain internally and ensure that your jabber client is deployed with a voice service domain pointing to the external domain..

2. Your expressway-c need also to be in the same domain as your expressway-e

When jabber clients try to login externally without the voice_services_domain pointing to the external domain, they will be using the internal domain for service discovery. This will fail because the internal domain is not routable..hence why you need to do what I suggested above

3. You will then need o create a SRV record for _cisco-uds._tcp.<external domain> in your internal dns server, this will then point to your cucm servers..

So there are a lot to do with a set up like this..If you search the forum you will find similar setup with the right configuration

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Your DNS records seem to be correct.

Did you have a look in the jabber client logs / problem report?
You should find more information regarding the service discovery process there.

Maybe you could also check the tcpdump (diagnostic logging) on expressway e to see if you get any requests from the client ip address. Maybe a firewall / nat issue?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are most likey having issues because this has not been deployed properly..

When you have multiple domains, with one of them that is not routable you will have to carefully deploy this..

1. You will need to use split DNS to achieve this..You will need to host a copy of the external domain internally and ensure that your jabber client is deployed with a voice service domain pointing to the external domain..

2. Your expressway-c need also to be in the same domain as your expressway-e

When jabber clients try to login externally without the voice_services_domain pointing to the external domain, they will be using the internal domain for service discovery. This will fail because the internal domain is not routable..hence why you need to do what I suggested above

3. You will then need o create a SRV record for _cisco-uds._tcp.<external domain> in your internal dns server, this will then point to your cucm servers..

So there are a lot to do with a set up like this..If you search the forum you will find similar setup with the right configuration

Please rate all useful posts

Oh thanks, its work!