cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client with +E.164 number has 15 second delay when dialing

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

We are moving to +E164 numbering plan.  Currently we only have a couple of users.  Hard phones are working fine with no issues.  However, CSF devices when used as soft phone the call is delayed by 15 seconds.  This is happening to internal 5 digit extensions as well as external calls. There is no overlapping patterns causing a problem.  The hard phone uses the same CSS as the CSF.  If I change the extension back to 5 digits everything works fine.  The trace shows that the invite is sent to CUCM and I see the digit analysis.  But then nothing for 15 seconds.  Then the call continues. Please help me understand why this is happening.

Thanks

CUCM version 10.5(1)

Jabber versions tried 10.5 and 11.8

Information for trace

Call was made at 19:04:50

Call continues at 19:05:05

Device name is CSFNCTEST with extension +18652204288

Dialed digits 54592

Please rate if this helps.
2 Replies 2

Hi,

Can you use DNA  and perform dialplan lookup and share the result (which alternative routes)? From the traces CUCM is waiting overlap sending for 15 sec which times out then CUCM sends the  call. 

It was the case that there was an overlapping route.  We had put in a [2-9]XXXXXX so that over lapped with the 5 digit extensions.  However, it doesn't explain why it didn't have a problem when the CSF itself has a 5 digit extension but does have a problem when changed to the +E.164 extension.  The CSS remains the same. We also found that it works if we set the 5 digit extension to urgent priority.  attached is the DNA output and it does not show any alternative routes.

Please rate if this helps.