Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber deskphone mode dual css

lorenz84gDD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

this  is a question regarding Jabber in deskphone mode. My client wants to  have different dialling behaviours from Jabber and the deskphone. From  Jabber he wants to dial without the leading zero and from the deskphone  he wants to use the dialling 0.

As  far as I know both devices share the same line (ie. pt and css) so I  think it's impossible. I cannot even use the application dial rules  since there is a partial overlap between national dial-plan and  international.

Any  ideas? I do know that the leading zero must be always used but the  **#%%$$ that initially set up the system didn't tell this to the client.

Any help is much appreciated.

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com
3 Replies 3

To do this you must use the device CSS to route the call instead of the line CSS that as you correctly states is shared between all devices that has that line. For the Jabber device CSS build your call routing to not use the leading 0 and for the other devices build your call routing to use a leading 0.

A small note about this though, even if it's possible from a technical standpoint to do this kind of setup I would recommend you to sit down with the customer and discuss the pitfalls with this kind of design. It might sound like a good thing to do, but in reality there are many problems and limitations will this kind of setups.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi,

Jabber deskphone controll the CSS of the phone.

But if you insted of using deskphoen controll, setup jabber to softphone, we can create new CSS and PT, so the soft can dial without the 9.

Let me know if you will like me to provide you more details.

regards

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Sorry my mistake, I didn't read the question fully. Since Jabber is used in desk phone mode it will also share the device CSS, only way to do what you ask for is to use Jabber in soft phone mode. Then you will have two separate devices that can have its own CSS.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature