Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber dialed display name with multiple names in the directory

yositorati
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 9.1.1 and Jabber 9.2.0 integrating with LDAP.

In the directory we have multiple names with the same phone number.

When we dialed the number in the desk phone, the display name show the description of the line and that’s OK,

The problem is when we dialed from Jabber, and now Jabber perform a search in the directory and found more than one result. He probably chooses the first result.

My question is if there is any way to control the name he chooses from the directory for display?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope. It will use the first record returned, which is not predictable. I have this exact conversation with every customer I deploy Jabber at. Time to clean up that directory; or, consider using ipPhone (an attribute no one is likely looking at/using otherwise) instead of telephoneNumber and disabling secondary number lookups.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Where can i find the exact way he match the names? because in some cases he takes one of the names in my contact list.

In addition, we're using UDS so it's not possible to disable secondary lookup, it's only available in EDI.

Any other solutions?

Thank you very much!

we are also looking at a solution to the above reported issue

The solution that we've applied on our system is as follow:

1- We've added a prefix 99 to all users with similar number. The prefix is added only in the ipPhone field (the field that replicate to the CUCM)

2. In the CUCM we've created a Translation pattern to remove this prefix.

Those actions create a situation that when someone dials the line number, he can only match that to the description of the line and not to one of the users.

In a case when someone clicks and dial on one of the user's profile, the CUCM change the dialed number from 99XXXX to XXXX and again, he will match the description of the line.

In a case that we want to display a user to match the dialed number, we're not adding him the prefix (only for him)

The only case that this solution is not working is when you have one of the users in your Outlook contact list, and then he will match him the dialed number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: