Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Directory using Internal directory without LDAP

twhittle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a quick question which i'm hoping someone can answer because I can't find the answer anywhere.

Is it possible to use the CUCM internal database to lookup contacts and chat in jabber? I've currently got an CUCM and IMP running and I've linked them together, created some users and associated them to the relevant jabber "phones". I can place calls between the users / devices. I type in the extension number and the calls work perfectly. What I cannot figure out is the directory / chat. If i search on number, username, first name nothing comes up.

I was hoping to use the internal directory as I don't want to use a LDAP directory - this is a lab environment.

Is this possible? Is it possible to use the internal directory for contacts and IM / chat?

I dont want exact instructions, I'd just like to know if it's possible and a rough steer.

Can someone help me out? I'm not having much luck searching google.

Many Thanks,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but you need to configure Jabber to use UDS for contact resolution, the default directory option is LDAP. The Jabber planning guide and on-prem deployment guides, both have a chapter on contact source which has all the info you need to configure this.

If the contact source is not properly configured, most likely you don't even see your name in Jabber, but user@domain

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but you need to configure Jabber to use UDS for contact resolution, the default directory option is LDAP. The Jabber planning guide and on-prem deployment guides, both have a chapter on contact source which has all the info you need to configure this.

If the contact source is not properly configured, most likely you don't even see your name in Jabber, but user@domain

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Wonderful thanks, in that case, I'm going to do some digging!

Cheers,

Tom

Just a quick update to say how I did this, if anyone else finds the thread and wants to know.

I achieved this by creating a jabber config xml file and uploading it to the TFTP server. I was previously trying to do this by using the service profiles and UC profiles but I couldn't get it to work. I might come back at a later point and see if I've missed anything. But the way I got this to work was by using the jabber-config.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Options>
<StartCallWithVideo>true</StartCallWithVideo>
</Options>
<Phone>
<TftpServer1>CUCMIPADDRESS</TftpServer1>
<CtiServer1>CUCMIPADDRESS</CtiServer1>
<CcmcipServer1>CUCMIPADDRESS</CcmcipServer1>
</Phone>
<Presence>
<PresenceServerAddress>IMPIPADDRESS</PresenceServerAddress>
</Presence>
<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
<PresenceDomain>DOMAIN</PresenceDomain>
<BDIPresenceDomain>DOMAIN</BDIPresenceDomain>
<UdsServer>CUCMIPADDRESS</UdsServer>
</Directory>
</config>

Regards,

Tom

Can I use more than one jabber-config.xml file in my system?

Thank you.

Now I use Jabber Windows with default EDI AD integration. Users authentificate in Jabber with user@domain(from AD).

I need to deploy Jabber Mobile (Android and Iphone) with local CUCM authentification. And I have questions:

1 Is it possible?

2 What type of directory integration I must use? How I can do it?

3 Can I use Phone mode for Jabber mobile and Full UC mode for Jabber Windows? How I can do it?