cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android Bluetooth not working.

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Version 9.1

Calls are working fine but I can't get my bluetooth headset to work with it.  Galaxy S4.  Plantronics voyager pro headset.  Normal cell phone calls work with the bluetooth headset fine.  There is no bluetooth option in the jabber settings.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please rate if this helps.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I checked this internally and this is what I found:

Q) Does Cisco Jabber for Android support Bluetooth headset?

A) There is no Bluetooth headset support for the current release.  Bluetooth headsets are supported at your own risk for other applications  on Android, as there is potential interference on the 2.4 GHz band.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I checked this internally and this is what I found:

Q) Does Cisco Jabber for Android support Bluetooth headset?

A) There is no Bluetooth headset support for the current release.  Bluetooth headsets are supported at your own risk for other applications  on Android, as there is potential interference on the 2.4 GHz band.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Wow, I looked all over the place and did not find that.  Can you post a link to it?

Please rate if this helps.

I'm afraid I can't I got that infor from an internal link we have

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hello, 

Since this question was asked some time ago, I would like to inquire for a status update with an addition.

I am asking the same question and would like expand it to Both Android and iPhones using Jabber. 

Same issue, Attached bluetooth headsets work fine but while using the Jabber App, they no longer work forcing Clients to pick up the headphone.  With everyone working from home due to the current outbreak, many of my staff are finding the same issue and are looking for solutions. My staff phones are usually no more than 1-2 generations old from the current available iPhones (11-8 on current iOS) and Android Phones (s9 and above, on the current OS) 

Being able to work Hands Free is a must for many of my staff. 

I have had this problem too, since working from home.  After some testing, it seems that it's random if jabber uses the bluetooth headset or not. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: