Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android in unknown state in CCM9.1.2

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to register jabber for android in a CCM 9.1.2 , after follow these steps is not running

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080bb5104.shtml

When i install cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn in both server, restart , and restart Cisco Tomcat I see in device default is still empty in Cisco Dual Mode for Android.

I installed jabber in my mobile , i log in but in disconnected state, in CCM for a moment was in register state but now is in unregister state after restart server, so now is in unknown state.

Is compatible jabber for CCM 9.1.2?

Is needed more steps in the configuration a part of the website mentionated?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, J4W either uses the DNS SRV from your domain for LDAP, or you manually configure the .xml for such.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

I have reinstalled Jabber voice for Android in my mobile, and in CCM directly show unregistered but with a IP, could be a security issue or something else?

About the device default why is NONE although i have installed the .cop file?

thanks!

Is the device you're using in the supported device list??

There's no default because just like an IPC, you don't push a FW to it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi jaime, I still can not register my Jabber in CCM, i configure a new device as a Dual mode for Android, and is the same, try to register, get a IP but stay in unregister state, and in the mobile is disconnected.

Other question may be you could answer me, jabber for mobile I&M is able to find all user from end user list of CCM, but not in the jabber for Pc, i unchecked the LDAP in the CCM and in the mobile is still able to find user so how is getting that information in the mobile, and why not in the Pc?

Thanks!!!

First, if you think all jabber clients work the same way, don't. We're trying to align them all, but right now, separate teams, separate features, different way to work and different places to get the info in the configuration.

Jabber for iPhone and J4W get their directory information in a different way, as simple as that.

HTH

java

HTH

java

As i see Jabber for W get information by a kind of synchronization by internet, as i see in my mobile, because ldap is unchecked and is possible look for end user from mobile, question is , this kind of synchronization is not able to set in the Pc??

Because this will do no necesary integration with a ldap to get information of all end user.

If not possible, enabling openLDAP and by name, with a domain set in the Presence and in CCM what more do i need to look for all end user?

Thanks!!

No, J4W either uses the DNS SRV from your domain for LDAP, or you manually configure the .xml for such.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok Jaime Thanks

About registering a jabber in CCM with a dual mode Android, is neccesary something about security? because my jabber register and in one second goes to unregister.

thanks.

Are you using a phone which is in the list of supported platforms??

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi jaime

i tried with a Samsung galaxy s3 and the same, in unregistered state as show below

And no matter what i do, is always in unregistered.

thanks

Same problem here,

any workaround?

I'm using

Call Manager System version: 9.1.1.10000-11

IM and Presence Server System version: 9.1.1.31900-1

already tried jabber for android 9.5 and 9.6

both can't work

jabber for ipad and iphone work well

I tried now with a iphone and can not save the configuration in the iphone, CCM and CUPS versions 9.x

regards

Hi ivan,

what is the detail version of ccm and cups and jabber for iphone?

regards,

Hi Alis

CCM

System version: 9.1.2.10000-28

VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz, disk 1: 110Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned

CUPS

System version: 9.1.1.30000-3

VMware Installation: 4 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, disk 2: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM

Thanks.

I forget jabber

Jabber -> 9.1.5 in iphone 4S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: