Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android not connecting to voicemail

Poco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been working on getting LDAP set up on Cisco Unity Connection server so my users dont have to manually type in a voicemail password in Jabber.  I thought I had this acomplished!

On Jabber Desktop, everything automatically signs in incl voicemail.

On Jabber Android, IM and Phone sign in but voicemail doesn't. It shows as disconnected. (cannot connect to the voicemail server. verify your account information). I tried resetting the app, clearing cache etc.

Would anyone have any ideas? We do have 2 of everything on the network CUCM, UNITY (head Office and remote site(me)) and we go through the head offices expressway. So possibly there may be some sort of lag with the credintals. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

I would recommend to start with collecting a PRT from the Android client and analyse it for errors on what is causing the failure. Jabber log files in the PRT are quite informative if you take the time to look at them in detail.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger for getting back to me. I will check the logs. It is something on the back ends as I have the same issue with the desktop client today.