cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Iphone CUCME 9.0 GSM call override

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

When jabber is registerd to CUCME and recieveing or making a call, if the Iphone recieves a call from the GSM network (someone calling the GSM number directley). The jabber call is put on hold automaticaly. Is there any way to change this default behaviour. I check'd the jabber options and didnt find anything regarding this.

Thanks,

Nuno

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

This is actually expected and designed behavior.  Unfortunately, a native Phone.app call, even when just in ringing state, preemptively takes exclusive control of the audio resources (including the Mic).  This means there would not even be a way to inform the user that you are taking another call before picking it up.  You also could not hear what someone was saying in this case.  So, there are no options for interaction once a call occurs (even in ringing state).

Given these constraints/limitations, it was decided that the best possible user experience was to put the call on hold.  All options would be abrupt, but this would at least give some indication to the remote caller (i.e., music on hold).  If the native call is declined, the user will be returned to the Jabber call and can resume that call.  That is the recommended behavior.

Note: while the native call is active in any form (ringing, live/active, on hold, etc.), Jabber cannot claim back the Mic...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know this as well.

thanks

vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

This is actually expected and designed behavior.  Unfortunately, a native Phone.app call, even when just in ringing state, preemptively takes exclusive control of the audio resources (including the Mic).  This means there would not even be a way to inform the user that you are taking another call before picking it up.  You also could not hear what someone was saying in this case.  So, there are no options for interaction once a call occurs (even in ringing state).

Given these constraints/limitations, it was decided that the best possible user experience was to put the call on hold.  All options would be abrupt, but this would at least give some indication to the remote caller (i.e., music on hold).  If the native call is declined, the user will be returned to the Jabber call and can resume that call.  That is the recommended behavior.

Note: while the native call is active in any form (ringing, live/active, on hold, etc.), Jabber cannot claim back the Mic...

Gee, thanks Apple.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: