cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Mac Certificate-based SSO

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there any one here successfully setup Jabber for Mac with Certificate-based Authentication SSO (ADFS 3.0)?

In my Lab, I have setup CUCM 11.5 & Unity Connection 11.5 with SSO/ADFS3.0 Integration.  Jabber for Windows, Jabber for Mac, Jabber for iPhone, & Jabber for Android can login & register (to CUCM & Unity Connection) successfully.  WIA or Form-based login is totally OK.

I try to enhance the setup, to support Certificate-based Authentication.  The configuration enhancement is mainly at ADFS side, but also include CUCM & Unity Connection Enterprise Parameter - SSO Login behavior > Native Safari Browser.  After reconfiguration, all Jabber client, except J4Mac, can successfully login by Client Certificate. 

For Jabber for Mac, it shows a blank page at the Jabber Client when it is trying to do Certificate authentication.  It is very similar to the behavior of iOS client before I set the Enterprise Parameter (of CUCM & Unity Connection), "SSO Login behavior for iOS" parameter into "use native browser".  But I cannot find any way to force the Jabber for Mac to "use native browser".

FYI, the Client Certificate is correct.  I have install it to my Keychain, and the Safari can successfully login to CUCM web portal with the Cert.

Is there any recommendation here?

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this integrated with azure adfs?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

The Idp Server is a Windows 2012 R2 Server, running ADFS 3.0.

The AD Server itself is a Windows 2008.

WIA or Form-based SSO is totally OK for all Jabber client. 

Certificate-based SSO is OK for all client except for Jabber for Mac.

Did you ever solve this? We have the same situation.