Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for WIndows Dialing To VCS Control Registered Endpoints

Timothy Woods
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 9.1, VCS Control X8,6

From jabber I want to dial to EPs registered to VCS Control using <alphanumeric alias>@vcs.domain. 

- On CUCM I have created a sip trunk that points to VCS Control (I also created proper xforms on the VCS Control).

- On CUCM I created the SIP route pattern of 'vcs.domain' which points to the trunk

From Jabber for windows, if I dial an EP with a VCS Control registered alias of <numeric alias>@vcs.domain, this call successfully connects. But if I dial a VCS Control registered EP with an alias of <alphanumeric alias>@vcs.domain, the call fails (checking VCS Control's event log, this call attempt never makes it to the VCS Control). 

Will jabber for windows dial a URI that is <alphanumeric>@vcs.domain? Or is Jabber/CUCM limited to dialing only <numeric>@vcs,domain? ((I know CUCM has the directory URIs that can be "dialed"-- but this is actually dialing the numeric DN assigned to the directory URI).

Thanks for any guidance...

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to doublecheck, but have you enabled URI dialing on Jabber?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, I'm in the process of checking this.

Just to be sure, this is checked/changed within the JfW config file contained on the ftp server?

Yes, that's in the .xml file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The issue remains unresolved. A couple of items: (1) There was not an .xml file on the TFTP. So jabber was using the default (which has URI dialing disabled. (2) I used the jabber 'configurator' to create the configuration with URI dialing enabled (screenshot included). (3) I titled the file "jabber-config.xml " and uploaded it to the TFTP.
Unfortunately when trying to dial a URI the same thing happens. A video calling window does not open when a URI is dialed. It appears that nothing is happening when dialing a URI. (I also checked the VCS to see if the call came in, it did not).
A couple of other items:
- The SIP neighbor from CUCM to VCS is valid and working. A rule for 10 digit dialing to route to the VCS works and will connect calls.
- A rule for domain dialing is also configured to route to the VCS Neighbor.

Jabber Config XML URI enabled.JPG